Accounts Assistant, Chester
Are you looking to further develop your existing accounts or legal cashiering skills?
Do you want to work in a friendly, sociable and hard working team where your contributions are recognised?
The accounts assistant role
We’re looking for an experienced accounts assistant to join our existing finance team of 3. You will be working across our client, office and nominal accounts, recording financial transactions, ensuring compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR) and liaising with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Liaise with colleagues and partners regarding day to day accounts administration and cashiering queries.
- Take payments from clients over the telephone.
- Make and receive TT and BACS payments.
- Raise and post bills.
- Raise cheques, ensuring company procedures are followed.
- Daily banking and managing petty cash accounts.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Maintain the purchase ledger.
- Carry out month and year end closing procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience within an accounts role is essential.
- Legal cashier experience / AAT qualification desirable.
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy and output.
- Effective organisation skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Strong team player with a positive, customer focussed approach.
What we offer:
- Full SAR (Solicitors Accounts Rules) training will be provided and you will enjoy further industry leading training through the ILFM (Institute of Legal Finance & Management).
- A competitive salary and a selection of benefits, including:
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Regular company wide social and charity events.
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships.
- Clear company and personal objectives with regular engagement.
- A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and be involved in the continued growth of our business.
Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
Our growth plans are continuing throughout the year so please contact us with brief details of what you are looking for, and we can proactively get back in touch should something suitable arise.
Note for candidates
Please apply direct to our in-house recruitment team, as we aren’t currently working with recruitment agencies on this role, thank you.
Note for agents
Please note that do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]