Business Administration Apprentice, Chester
Looking for a job with dedicated Business Administration training, whilst you’re earning?
Wanting to work with a fun, supportive and hard working team of people?
Considering working in a busy city centre office, close to public transport links?
In addition to all of the above, we offer:
• Regular reviews, ongoing personal development and a great work / life balance.
• Friendly and sociable team and regular company wide social and charity events, including the celebration of National Apprenticeship Week.
• Discounted gym membership.
• Values based recognition and reward scheme.
• Company pension and bonus schemes available too.
• Opportunities to progress across the business.
You’ll work closely with all of your colleagues, having a great opportunity to come into contact with everyone across the business and our wider Group.
Although working in a structured environment with set tasks, no two days will be the same. You’ll be responsible for getting all your administration tasks completed with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and to deadlines.
You’ll also cover reception and will be responsible for helping our teams out wherever you’re needed, so you’ll need to be approachable, professional and willing to take on a variety of tasks.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Opening and distributing incoming mail and organising outgoing post.
• Scanning, filing and archiving large amounts of documentation.
• Reception – answering phone calls, meeting and greeting clients and visitors and organising meeting rooms and events, ensuring high levels of presentation at all times.
• Daily visits to the bank to pay in cheques.
• Responding to external and internal emails.
• Dealing with general enquiries from members of staff and clients.
• Reviewing stock and submitting orders where relevant e.g. stationery orders
• Taking and organising deliveries e.g. office supplies.
• Supporting with general administration requests from colleagues at all levels across the business.
Duties may change from time to time, so a willingness to learn and the ability to follow new procedures quickly is important.
You will receive a full business induction and ongoing side by side training, alongside your structured Apprenticeship training programme.
What we’re looking for:
• Good standard of general education ideally with 5 grade A-C or equivalent GSCE passes including English and Maths as a minimum.
• Office administration experience ideal but not essential.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Closing date for applications is Friday 8th November with interviews taking place for shortlisted applicants on Wednesday 13th November.
We are not working with agents to recruit for this role.
Note for agents
Please note that do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our team at [email protected]