Central Administrator, Chester
Working as part of a core, Chester office based team you will support each department across our business with their administration needs. The role is very varied and involves being in direct contact with a range of stakeholders, including directors, lawyers, paralegals and support staff, as well as visitors and clients. No two days will be the same!
Key responsibilities include:
- Prioritising and actioning administration requests that come into the central inbox from across the business.
- Sorting, scanning, distributing and sending post.
- Opening and closing client files on the case management system.
- Managing meeting room and hot desk requests and setting up conference calls.
- Scanning and copying documents and preparing large court bundles.
- Taking client payments over the phone.
- Assisting with office management and facilities processes e.g. new starters, banking runs.
- Archiving documents.
- Verifying client ID.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous office administration experience, legal qualifications/ background preferred.
- Able to work within a fast paced, team environment, effectively managing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Desire to learn.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- IT literate, preferably with case management experience.
What we offer:
A supportive working environment where you’ll be given training and encouraged to further develop your skills. Benefits include:
- 23 days annual leave (including Christmas Eve and your birthday off) and Bank Holidays.
- Friendly and sociable team and regular company-wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- A great work / life balance with ‘early dart’ Fridays and remote / hybrid working arrangements available for most of our roles.
- Future and Senior Leadership Development Programme.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values -based recognition and reward scheme.
- Dress for your day.
- Long service awards.
- Mental Health first aiders and practical support to help you manage your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Legal studies leave.
- Employee referral programme.
Salary will meet National Minimum Wage.
Please note: some of these benefits will only apply after a qualifying period.
To apply please click ‘apply now’ or email a copy of your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]
If you make an application to Hillyer McKeown we will process your data in accordance with the Candidate Privacy Notice.
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.