Commercial Property Solicitor, Chester/ Liverpool base with remote working available
You will enjoy running your own busy commercial property case load from the outset, delivering an attentive, technically excellent client service to a range of clients including SMEs, lenders, investors and bridging companies. Your role will involve high levels of client contact and you will work with many of our long standing clients, as well as developing your own key relationships.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a varied caseload including:
– Commercial acquisitions and disposals, auctions, re-financing, Landlord and Tenant, leases, underleases and assignments.
– A small number of residential conveyancing matters for investor clients.
- Dealing with matters from initial contact through to completion, including drafting contracts and negotiating leases.
- Assisting partners with high value and / or complex commercial property matters.
- Identifying and attending key networking and other business events to contribute to the development of the sales pipeline.
You will work closely with senior real estate partners, who foster a highly supportive and collaborative team environment.
What we’re looking for:
- A Commercial Property Solicitor with ideally at least 2 years’ PQE.
- Strong technical capability with excellent drafting skills.
- Proven ability to thoroughly assess client requirements and deliver commercially astute solutions.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Track record of building profitable and long standing relationships with clients.
- IT literate with case management experience.
Longer term, travel will be required so own transport is essential.
Please note PQE requirements are for guidance only and each application will be assessed on merit.
- Enhanced annual leave package, including Christmas Eve and your birthday off and Bank Holidays.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity and paternity leave.
- Future and Senior Leadership Development Programme.
- Regular company-wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- A great work / life balance with ‘early dart’ Fridays and remote/hybrid working arrangements available.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values-based recognition and reward scheme.
- Dress for your day.
- Long service awards.
- Mental Health first aiders and practical support to help you manage your physical and mental wellbeing
Please note: some of these benefits will only apply after a qualifying period.
To apply please click ‘apply now’ or email a copy of your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]
If you make an application to Hillyer McKeown we will process your data in accordance with the Candidate Privacy Notice.
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.