Commercial Solicitor / Lawyer, Chester base with hybrid working available
Part time – hours to be discussed
Due to continued success and the consistent growth of our commercial department, we are now looking for an experienced Commercial Solicitor / Lawyer to join us.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to work as part of an experienced, supportive team and combine part time hours with the flexibility of working both from the office and at home.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with local SMEs, owner managed businesses and national clients in industries such as IT, travel, food and drink, oil and gas, and manufacturing, among others.
Working autonomously on a broad variety of commercial contracts and agreements, you’ll be seeking to strike the balance between managing the legal risk and getting the deal done for your client. We advise on such matters as:
- Terms and conditions of sale and purchase (consumer and B2B).
- Supply of goods and services agreements.
- Distribution, agency and franchising agreements.
- Confidentiality agreements (NDAs – Non-disclosure Agreements).
- Software licensing, development and maintenance.
- Website terms and conditions and privacy notices.
- Registering trade marks.
- Licensing and assignment of intellectual property rights.
What we’re looking for:
- Commercially astute lawyer with experience equivalent to 2 yrs PQE+
- Solicitor / CILEx qualified.
- Intellectual Property experience desirable although not essential.
- Passionate about delivering a proactive, client focused and tailored service.
- Able to confidently communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Team player who can effectively build cross departmental relationships and generate additional referrals into the business.
- Able to work within a fast paced, team environment, effectively managing priorities to meet deadlines.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
What we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (including Christmas Eve and your birthday off) and Bank Holidays.
- Future and Senior Leaders development programme.
- Comprehensive training and development programme tailored to you.
- Hybrid working set up allows for both home and office work, with dedicated team days.
- Friendly and sociable team and regular company-wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and discounted gym membership.
- A great work / life balance with ‘early dart’ Fridays.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values-based recognition and reward scheme.
- Dress for your day policy.
- Long service awards.
- Mental health first aiders and practical support to help you manage your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Legal studies leave.
- Employee referral programme.
Salary dependent on skills and experience.
Please note: some of these benefits will apply after a qualifying period.
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.