Conveyancing Executive, Chester / home-based
The main focus of the Conveyancing Executive role will be to guide our clients through the end to end conveyancing process and build relationships with key partners. While you’ll be part of the conveyancing department which spans two of our offices, you’ll lead and manage a small, experienced team, who will support you with your day-to-day activities – which includes providing excellent client service.
In addition to your direct team, we also offer you an experienced conveyancing support team to help you through busy periods, including dedicated post-completions support.
- Managing your own varied caseload consisting of sales, purchases and re-mortgages, providing exceptional service and expert legal advice.
- Day-to-day line management, ensuring development plans are agreed, targets achieved and relevant training delivered.
- Developing and maintaining profitable relationships with new and existing clients, including referrers.
You’ll work closely with our Operations Manager and will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions to how you, the team and the wider business work together.
What we’re looking for:
- A knowledgeable and highly commercial Conveyancer / Fee Earner / Solicitor who can work autonomously on complex sale and purchase files.
- Experience of working on freehold, leasehold, new build and shared ownership properties is essential.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Leadership and performance management skills.
- Law degree / Conveyancing qualification is ideal, but not essential.
- Ability to build profitable and long standing relationships with clients and referrers.
- IT literate with case management experience.
What we offer:
We offer a supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop your skills further. We also offer many benefits including:
- Enhanced annual leave package, including Christmas Eve and your birthday off, and Bank Holidays.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity and paternity leave.
- Future and Senior Leadership Development Programme.
- Regular company-wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- A great work / life balance with ‘early dart’ Fridays and remote / hybrid working arrangements available.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values-based recognition and reward scheme.
- Dress for your day approach
- Long service awards.
- Mental Health first aiders and practical support to help you manage your physical and mental wellbeing
Please note: some of these benefits will only apply after a qualifying period.
To apply please email [email protected]
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]
If you make an application to Hillyer McKeown we will process your data in accordance with the Candidate Privacy Notice detailed on our website.
At Hillyer McKeown we commit to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.