Corporate Paralegal, Chester
Do you have a genuine interest in corporate work, want to directly support our partners and gain further experience working with a high quality case load?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
The Corporate Paralegal role
This is a newly created position for a corporate paralegal to join our growing corporate team. We advise a wide range of North-West based and national clients, including those from manufacturing and engineering sectors as well as professional service businesses, banks, charities and owner-managed businesses. We provide personalised, dynamic and commercial advice, ensuring that we secure the best deal for our clients whilst delivering unrivalled client service at all times.
You will be exposed to the full breadth of corporate work, including:
- Business acquisitions and disposals.
- Company investments including venture capital.
- Re-organisations and restructures.
- Share option schemes.
- Branding merchandising and sponsorship.
You’ll work closely with our corporate partners who are keen to mentor and develop new talent. You will be fully supported in order to gain exposure to or further advance your skills on more complex matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting or responding to due diligence and effectively managing relevant documentation.
- Collating information and assisting with the drafting of legal documents, practice notes and training materials using our up to date practitioner’s resources.
- Carrying out research into technical legal issues.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous exposure to corporate work ideal but not essential.
- LPC or equivalent qualification with relevant electives e.g. mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance.
- Technical proficiency with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communicator who is able to confidently liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Self starter who can work on their own initiative.
- Proven team player who is keen to work collaboratively to meet company goals.
- IT literate / case management experience.
Please note that travel will be required occasionally between our offices and to meetings offsite, as well as to networking events which may take place outside usual office hours.
What we offer:
We offer a supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- A competitive salary with discretionary bonus scheme.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Friendly and sociable team and regular company wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- Regular reviews, ongoing personal development and a great work / life balance.
- Values based recognition and reward scheme.
- Fantastic office environment in Chester city centre.
Please note: Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
How to apply
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our team at [email protected]