Collections Advisor, Liverpool or Chester
Are you looking to continue developing your debt collection skills in a professional, legal services environment?
Do you enjoy working in a positive, results driven environment?
We’re ideally looking for call handlers / paralegals / collections agents to work in our fast paced, small and friendly debt recovery team. When collecting debts, negotiating payments and following pre-litigation processes, our team always aim to deliver a successful outcome. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Due to further strategic growth, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced telephone debt collector. Helping to deliver this innovative new service, you should enjoy high levels of success and enjoy building instant rapport with senior, external stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a recently launched specialist debt recovery team in a pivotal role, making an instant contribution from the outset. Working with minimal supervision, you’ll work to deliver objectives in line with your targets and our Values.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Making initial contact with a wide range of businesses owners (typically MDs, FDs) and individuals to discuss their debt and clearly outline their obligations.
- Successfully negotiating and processing payments, achieving outstanding results for our clients from the first point of contact with their debtors.
- Escalating any unpaid debt via pre-determined channels in order for proceedings to begin in a timely manner.
- Updating the case management system with any relevant notes and documentation, following every call.
- Adhering at all to all compliance and regulatory guidelines and best practice.
This role could be based in Liverpool, or Chester after initial training.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience of debt collection ideal.
- We’d also be keen to hear from law graduates / paralegals/ PI/ RTA paralegals/ first response handlers who are looking to work in a different area of law.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Highly effective and confident communicator with a tenacious and professional approach.
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Results focussed.
- IT literate with a comprehensive knowledge of MS Office/ case management systems.
What we offer
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Ongoing development and training.
- Regular performance reviews, personal development and a great work / life balance.
- Small, friendly and sociable team and regular company wide social and charity events.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- Values based recognition and reward scheme.
Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
Our growth plans are continuing throughout the year so please contact us with brief details of what you are looking for, and we can proactively get back in touch should something suitable arise.
Note for candidates
Please apply direct to our in-house recruitment team, as we aren’t currently working with recruitment agencies on this role, thank you.
Note for agents
Please note that do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]