IT Technician, Chester-based
If you have a passion for IT, helping colleagues resolve their IT issues, have an interest in programming and scripting and want to be part of a team, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Outstanding IT training (off and on site) and ongoing technical development.
- Regular performance reviews and personal development.
- Small, friendly and sociable team and regular company wide social and charity events.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- Values based recognition and reward scheme.
Working in a small, experienced, sociable and dedicated team you’ll enjoy working in a fast paced environment on a range of IT tasks and will act as first point of contact for all first and second line IT support queries. This role demands a high level of engagement with all stakeholders across the business and the ability to think on your feet. No two days are the same which is what makes this role so unique.
Following offsite training, you’ll also have the opportunity to become involved in key IT projects – assisting in writing apps and scripts, to structuring workflows on our case management systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining front line help desk support for all staff across our 3 offices – providing hands on and remote support for telephone, hardware and software queries
- Ensuring fault reporting logs are updated at all times.
- Providing advice and support to colleagues and clients e.g. document conversations, call forwarding, setting up presentations, MS Office queries.
- Producing and maintaining IT documentation.
- Carrying out new starter processes and ensuring all IT equipment requests are managed effectively.
- Undertaking basic scripting and coding of our legal case management system.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong working knowledge of MS and other high profile software products.
- Experience in dealing with first line support queries.
- Genuine interest in IT – able to deal with basic software and hardware queries.
- Strong understanding of database structures.
- Customer focussed with a personable approach
- Able to deal with change, prioritising effectively.
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate complex technical issues in simple terms.
- Basic scripting knowledge in Java.
- Experience in SQL.
This support role covers our 3 sites (Chester, Liverpool and Birkenhead), so travel will occasionally be required. Own car ideal but not essential.
Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
Our growth plans are continuing throughout the year so please contact us with brief details of what you are looking for, and we can proactively get back in touch should something suitable arise.
Note for candidates
Please apply direct to our in-house recruitment team, as we aren’t currently working with recruitment agencies on this role, thank you.
Note for agents
Please note that do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]