IT Technician, Chester / hybrid
Are you a natural problem solver who enjoys working with people? Do you have an interest in programming and scripting and want to be part of a small team? We’d love to hear from you, if it’s a yes!
The IT Technician role
Working in an experienced and dedicated team you’ll enjoy a fast paced environment on a range of IT tasks and will act as first point of contact for all IT queries.
Following offsite training, you’ll also have the opportunity to become involved in key IT projects – assisting in writing apps and scripts to structuring workflows on our case management systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining frontline helpdesk support for all staff across our 3 offices – providing hands on and remote support for telephone, hardware and software queries.
- Ensuring fault reporting logs are updated at all times.
- Working closely with the Head of IT to ensure projects are delivered to time and within budget.
- Delivering IT and case management training to staff e.g new starter inductions, software updates, new products.
- Providing advice and support to colleagues and clients e.g. document conversations, call forwarding, setting up presentations, MS Office queries.
- Producing and maintaining IT and relevant project documentation.
- Carrying out new starter processes and ensuring all IT equipment requests are managed effectively.
- Undertaking basic scripting and coding of our legal case management system.
What we’re looking for in an IT Technician
- Experience with an in IT Development, IT Support Technician or Helpdesk role ideal.
- Strong working knowledge of MS and other high profile software products.
- Genuine interest in IT – able to deal with software and hardware queries.
- Customer focussed with a personable approach.
- Able to deal with change, prioritising effectively.
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate complex technical issues in simple terms.
- Experience in basic scripting and/or within a legal practice ideal but not essential.
This support role covers our 3 sites, so travel will occasionally be required. Own car ideal but not essential.
What we offer
A supportive yet autonomous working environment which is always customer focussed and fast paced, where you’ll find a fantastic work / life balance, as well as:
- Enhanced annual leave package, including Christmas Eve and your birthday off, and Bank Holidays.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity and paternity leave.
- Future and Senior Leadership Development Programme.
- Personal, Professional and Wellbeing training and support.
- Employee app to support regular check ins with your line manager.
- Regular company-wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- A great work / life balance with ‘early dart’ Fridays and remote / hybrid working arrangements available for many roles.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values-based recognition and reward scheme.
- Dress for your day approach.
- Long service awards.
- Mental Health first aiders to help support and signpost
… and more!
Please note: some benefits apply after a qualifying period.
To apply, send your CV to [email protected]
If you make an application to Hillyer McKeown we will process your data in accordance with the Candidate Privacy Notice detailed on our website.
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]
To find out more about Hillyer McKeown, please check us out on LinkedIn.