Legal Advisor, based in Birkenhead
As part of our continued expansion we are looking for a Legal Advisor to join our growing team.
- Legal experience not required – just a genuine desire to work with people, a positive and professional approach and a good educational background with the ability to learn quickly!
- Extensive on-boarding and induction programme with ongoing training provided.
- Client contact – seeing people in their homes or in the office daily.
- Lots of autonomy – managing your diary commitments and travel schedule which will cover North Wales, Cheshire and Merseyside (mainly between office hours, Monday to Friday).
- Good basic salary with the ability to earn realistic and uncapped commission from the outset.
What we offer:
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with uncapped commission and discretionary bonus scheme.
- Extensive initial training and induction, followed by ongoing coaching and development.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Regular performance reviews and personal development.
- Friendly and sociable team and regular company wide social and charity events.
- Values based recognition and reward scheme.
Due to planned growth within our Wills and Probate department, we are currently recruiting into our existing team of legal advisors. You’ll be based in our Birkenhead office but will spend most of your time in the field, covering an area from North Wales up to North Liverpool.
Working with a trusted partner to provide innovative legal advisory services, we are inviting applications from individuals who would like to ensure that every client they meet is protected and well looked after in respect of their will.
Key responsibilities for a Legal Advisor include:
- Providing clients with face to face or telephone appointments, taking initial instructions and providing advice on Wills, Trusts and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Preparing and registering Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney, liaising with clients to keep them updated throughout the process.
- Developing our reputation in the local market through business development activities, effectively managing your pipeline.
Own car and business insurance will be essential due to travel requirements.
Flexibility with working hours is required as we do sometimes offer clients the option of out of hours appointments.
Interviews will be held on Monday 1st July in Birkenhead.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong educational background – ideally A-level / equivalent or higher.
- Customer service experience essential.
- Strong organisation skills with a careful and keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an empathetic approach.
- Ability to work to targets.
- IT literate.
Please note: Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
How to apply
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We are working in partnership with the RightLegal Group in relation to this Legal Advisor position. All applications and personal details included will be shared with the RightLegal Group for screening, assessment and training purposes. We will not share your data with any other parties and RightLegal Group will delete your data following completion of the recruitment process. Further information on the partnership will be shared with you at initial screening stage. Hillyer McKeown may retain your data for up to 12 months under the GDPR condition of legitimate interests, should you have any queries about your application.
Our growth plans are continuing throughout the year so please contact us with brief details of what you are looking for, and we can proactively get back in touch should something suitable arise.
Note for candidates
Please apply direct to our in-house recruitment team, as we aren’t currently working with recruitment agencies on this role, thank you.
Note for agents
Please note that do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]