Legal Advisor, Chester / Field based
Due to internal progression, we are currently recruiting a Legal Advisor into our well established Wills and Probate department. You’ll be based from our Chester office but will spend most of your time in the field (or working from home), covering an area from North Wales up to North Liverpool.
• Providing clients with face to face (in person / remote) or telephone appointments, taking initial instructions and providing advice on Wills, Trusts and Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA).
• Preparing and registering Wills and LPAs, liaising with clients to keep them updated throughout the process.
• Developing our reputation in the local market, contributing to the growth of your own pipeline of work.
• Effectively managing your diary commitments, administration time and travel schedule, making the best use of your time.
What we’re looking for in a Legal Advisor:
• Strong educational background – law degree or equivalent legal experience.
• Customer service experience essential.
• Strong organisation skills with a careful and keen attention to detail.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with a desire to deliver a positive, memorable customer experience.
• IT literate.
Own car and business insurance will be essential due to travel requirements.
Flexibility with working hours is required as we do sometimes offer clients the option of out of hours appointments.
What we offer
We offer a supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop your skills further. We offer many benefits including:
- Extensive on-boarding and induction programme with ongoing training provided.
- Enhanced annual leave package, including Christmas Eve and your birthday off, and Bank Holidays.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity and paternity leave.
- Future and Senior Leadership Development Programme.
- Personal, Professional and Wellbeing training and support.
- Employee app to support regular check-ins with your line manager.
- Regular company-wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- A great work / life balance with ‘early dart’ Fridays and remote / hybrid working arrangements available for many roles.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values-based recognition and reward scheme.
- Dress for your day approach.
- Long service awards.
- Mental Health first aiders to help support and signpost
- …and more!
Please note: some benefits apply after a qualifying period.
To apply, send your CV to [email protected]
If you make an application to Hillyer McKeown we will process your data in accordance with the Candidate Privacy Notice detailed on our website.
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We are working in partnership with the RightLegal Group in relation to this position. All applications and personal details included will be shared with the RightLegal Group for screening, assessment and training purposes. We will not share your data with any other parties and RightLegal Group will delete your data following completion of the recruitment process. Further information on the partnership will be shared with you at the initial screening stage.
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]
To find out more about Hillyer McKeown, please check us out on LinkedIn.