Legal Advisor, Wills, Trusts & Estates, Chester/Field & Home based
The Legal Advisor role
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a legal advisor into our existing, well established Lifetime Planning team – part of our wider Wills, Trusts and Estates department. You’ll be based from our Chester office but will spend most of your time in the field (or working from home), covering an area from North Wales up to North Liverpool.
- Providing clients with face to face (in person/ remote) or telephone appointments, taking initial instructions and providing advice on Wills, Trusts and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Preparing and registering Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney, liaising with clients to keep them updated throughout the process.
- Developing our reputation in the local market, contributing to the growth of your own pipeline of work.
- Effectively managing your diary commitments, administration time and travel schedule, making the best use of your time.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong educational background – law degree ideal/ equivalent legal experience.
- Customer service experience essential.
- Strong organisation skills with a careful and keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- An empathetic approach.
- IT literate.
Own car and business insurance will be essential due to travel requirements.
Flexibility with working hours is required on occasion.
What we offer:
We offer a supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop your skills further. We also offer many benefits including:
- Extensive on-boarding and induction programme with ongoing training provided.
- Enhanced annual leave package, including Christmas Eve and your birthday off and bank holidays.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity and paternity leave.
- Future and Senior Leadership Development Programme.
- Power Hour training focusing on soft skills and personal and professional development.
- Regular company-wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- A great work / life balance with ‘early dart’ Fridays and remote working opportunities.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values-based recognition and reward scheme.
- Dress for your day approach.
- Long service awards.
- Mental health first aiders and practical support to help you manage your physical and mental wellbeing.
Please note: some of these benefits will only apply after a qualifying period.
To apply, send your CV to [email protected]
We will be interviewing for this role as soon as possible, with an immediate starting date.
Please note, we are open to applications from graduate students with suitable experience and skills.
If you make an application to Hillyer McKeown we will process your data in accordance with the Candidate Privacy Notice detailed on our website.
At Hillyer McKeown we commit to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]