Legal Assistant, Conveyancing, Birkenhead
You will help guide our clients through the end to end conveyancing process and will work on a variety of residential conveyancing cases covering freehold and leasehold properties, sales, purchases, right to buy, transfers of equity and re-mortgages. Although part of a larger conveyancing department you will work within a small team, supporting a Senior Legal Assistant and one of our highly experienced property lawyers.
- Providing legal assistance and administration support to your team and the wider department.
- Keeping clients updated at all times and liaising with third parties, answering any queries.
- Preparing new files and dealing with initial documentation.
- Drafting contracts on the sale of property.
- Requesting redemption statements.
- Requesting contract packs on the purchase of property.
- Submitting property searches on purchase of property.
- Reporting to clients on search results and keeping them updated throughout the process.
- Reporting on mortgage offers.
- Recording all updates on the case management system.
What we’re looking for:
- Residential conveyancing experience preferred although full training will be given.
- Able to work within a fast paced, team environment, effectively managing priorities to meet client deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Desire to learn.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- IT literate.
What we offer:
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits:
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays including Christmas Eve and your birthday off.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Friendly and sociable team and regular company wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and discounted gym membership.
- Regular reviews, ongoing personal development and a great work / life balance.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values based recognition and reward scheme.
- Dress for your day.
- ‘Early dart’ Fridays.
- Long service awards.
To apply please email [email protected]