Legal Assistant, Residential Conveyancing, Chester
Do you have conveyancing experience? Would you like to join a small, friendly, and experienced team, who will help you to develop your technical and commercial skills further as a legal assistant?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
This is a newly created position for a legal assistant to join our award-winning residential conveyancing team. You’ll help guide our clients through the end to end conveyancing process, and will work on a variety of matters covering:
- freehold and leasehold properties
- sales and purchases
- right to buy
- transfers of equity
Although, part of a larger department, you will work within a small team, supporting a senior legal assistant and one of the specialist property solicitors.
Key responsibilities of the Legal Assistant, Residential Conveyancing role will include:
- Providing legal assistance and administration support to the growing conveyancing team and the wider department.
- Liaising with clients, brokers and estate agents over the phone and via email, keeping them updated throughout the process.
- Preparing new files and dealing with initial documentation.
- Drafting contracts on the sale of a property.
- Requesting redemption statements.
- Requesting contract packs on the purchase of a property.
- Submitting property searches and reporting on results.
- Reporting on mortgage offers.
- Maintaining the case management systems with all updates and progress reports.
What we are looking for:
- Residential conveyancing experience is an essential.
- Able to work within a fast paced, team environment, effectively managing priorities to meet client deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to learn.
- IT literate with experience using a case management system.
What we offer:
- Friendly and sociable team, with regular company wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- Regular reviews, ongoing personal development and a great work/life balance.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values based recognition and reward scheme.
- ‘Early dart’ Fridays.
- Modern, open plan office environment Chester city centre.
Please note: Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
How to apply
To apply for the Legal Assistant, Residential Conveyancing role, please send your CV over to [email protected], or give the team a call on 01244 318 131 during office hours to find out more about the role.
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we are not working with any external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which is not currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith and the team at [email protected]