We are looking for an Insolvency Paralegal
The Insolvency Paralegal role
Working on a 1-2-1 basis with a highly experienced Insolvency Consultant, you’ll run your own caseload following a period of training, with ongoing support and supervision. The caseload will mainly be litigious and you’ll be working with a national client base, as well as small boutique practices. You’ll also provide additional administrative support – attend mediations, prepare court bundles, brief barristers and research insolvency law.
Passionate about delivering an exceptional client experience, you’ll work both corporate and personal insolvency matters. Clients include:
- large international accountancy practices
- small niche insolvency practitioners
- state regulatory bodies
- local authorities
- private individuals.
You’ll also have the support of a broader, highly experienced resolution and recovery team.
Salary dependent on knowledge, skills and experience.
The Insolvency Paralegal we’re looking for:
- Law degree / equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Previous commercial litigation, insolvency, dispute resolution experience essential.
- A willingness to learn.
- Self starter with strong communication skills.
- Able to build rapport with clients and deliver an exceptional experience.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- IT literate with case management experience.
What we offer:
We offer a supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop your skills further. We offer many benefits including:
- Enhanced annual leave package, including Christmas Eve and your birthday off and bank holidays.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity and paternity leave.
- Future and Senior Leadership Development Programme.
- Personal, professional and wellbeing training and support.
- Employee app to support regular check ins with your line manager.
- Regular company-wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- A great work / life balance with ‘early dart’ Fridays and remote / hybrid working arrangements available.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Values-based recognition and reward scheme.
- Dress for your day approach
- Long service awards.
- Mental Health first aiders to help support and signpost.
Please note: some of these benefits will only apply after a qualifying period.
To apply, send your CV to [email protected]
We will be interviewing for this role as soon as possible, with an immediate starting date.
Please note, we are open to applications from graduate students with suitable experience and skills.
If you make an application to Hillyer McKeown we will process your data in accordance with the Candidate Privacy Notice detailed on our website.
At Hillyer McKeown we commit to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]