Senior Accounts Assistant, Chester
Are you an experienced accounts or finance assistant who is as good with numbers as you are with people, and managing deadlines and projects? We have an opportunity for an ambitious, self starter who wants to join an expanding team!
What we offer:
- Full SAR (Solicitors Accounts Rules) training will be provided and you could enjoy further industry leading training through the ILFM (Institute of Legal Finance & Management).
- A competitive salary with discretionary bonus scheme.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Friendly and sociable team and regular company wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- Regular reviews, ongoing personal development and a great work / life balance.
- Values based recognition and reward scheme.
You will be working within our developing group structure across multiple client, office and nominal accounts.
Initially you’ll be learning how our organisation works – recording high volumes of financial transactions, ensuring compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR) and liaising with internal and external clients at all levels.
Longer term you’ll be taking on a more comprehensive leadership role: managing a small team; advising on key business strategies and projects, presenting to and engaging with senior stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with colleagues and partners regarding day to day accounts administration and cashiering queries.
- Taking payments from clients over the phone.
- Making and receiving TT and BACS payments.
- Raising and posting bills.
- Raising cheques, ensuring company procedures are followed.
- Daily banking, managing petty cash accounts and maintaining the purchase ledger.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with VAT returns.
- Assisting with outsourced payroll and internal payroll queries.
- Assisting with annual audits and liaising with external auditors.
- Carrying out month and year end closing procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- Wide-ranging accounts experience, ideally from within a professional services organisation (around 5 years’ experience is ideal, although all applications will be considered on merit).
- Confident and effective communicator, able to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- A self starter who is looking to develop their own skills as well as mentor others.
- Strong team player with a positive, customer focussed approach.
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy and output.
- Effective organisation skills with the ability to prioritise.
How to apply
To apply, send your CV to [email protected]
Note for agents
Please note that do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]