Senior Legal Assistant, Chester / hybrid working
If you have a natural affinity for people, love delivering a great client experience, the smarts to learn quickly and deliver technically, along with the desire to continually develop yourself, we’d love to hear from you!
You’ll work with clients who will appreciate your proactive and empathetic approach and will deal with all related probate and estate related administration.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Acting as first point of contact for clients, ensuring they are kept proactively updated throughout their case.
- Managing probate matters and progressing cases:
– Contacting asset holders.
– Preparing and lodging inheritance tax returns and probate applications.
– Preparing estate accounts and liaising with beneficiaries regarding payments.
- Managing diaries and organising remote / in person appointments.
- Supporting the wider team with Wills, Estates and Court of Protection matters.
You’ll work closely with an experienced team, who’ll support and offer lots of opportunities to develop your knowledge.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of working in a fast paced, busy private client team (2 yrs + ideal).
- Law degree or equivalent training/experience essential.
- Effective organiser with a good eye for detail.
- Positive, can do approach.
Salary and experience for guidance – all applications will be considered on merit.
What we offer:
- A supportive yet autonomous working environment which is always customer focussed and fast paced, where you’ll find a fantastic work/life balance, as well as:
- Enhanced annual leave package including Christmas Eve and your birthday off.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity and paternity leave.
- Regular company-wide social events.
- Dress for your day.
- Early dart Fridays and a well-supported hybrid / remote working environment.
- Mental Health first aiders and wellbeing support and signposting.
- Values based recognition and reward scheme.
- Long service awards.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership
Please note: some benefits apply after a qualifying period.
To apply, send your CV to [email protected]
If you make an application to Hillyer McKeown we will process your data in accordance with the Candidate Privacy Notice detailed on our website.
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]
To find out more about Hillyer McKeown, please check us out on LinkedIn.