Do you enjoy working in supportive, friendly team environment and want to further your residential conveyancing career? We’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in finding out more!
The Senior Legal Assistant Role
The main focus of the role will be to guide our clients through the end to end conveyancing process and maintain excellent relationships with key partners. Whilst you’ll be part of a large department, which spans two of our offices, you will work within a small team, supporting one of our experienced lawyers.
Our IT systems and administration and support teams are structured in a way that best supports you, allowing you to work closely with your team to expedite cases and offer unrivalled client service. We pride ourselves on the quality and level of the work we undertake and the complexity of the files you’ll work on reflects this.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Legal Assistant, Residential Conveyancing role will include:
- Providing legal assistance and liaising with third parties/clients in order to progress residential conveyancing matters
- Drafting contracts on the sale of property
- Checking search results and mortgage offers and liaising with clients
- Providing quotes when appropriate
- Preparing information required to provide replies to enquiries on a sale
- Sending fixtures, fittings and contents/property information forms to clients and reviewing replies
- Preparing bills and completion statements
- Recording all updates on the case management system
What we’re looking for:
- Comprehensive residential conveyancing expertise gained from within a sale and purchase department
- Experience of working on freehold, leasehold, new build and shared ownership properties
- Ability to work on own initiative within a fast paced, team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Results focused
- IT literate/case management experience
What we offer:
- Friendly and sociable team and regular company wide social and charity events.
- Discounted legal services and gym membership.
- Regular reviews, ongoing personal development and a great work / life balance.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme & discretionary bonus scheme
- Values based recognition and reward scheme.
- ‘Early dart’ Fridays.
- Modern, open plan office environment in Chester city centre.
Please note: Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
How to apply
Note for recruitment agents
Please note that we aren’t working with external agencies on this position. We do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]
If you make an application to Hillyer McKeown we will process your data in accordance with the Candidate Privacy Notice detailed on our website.
Hillyer McKeown is committed to promoting a culture of equality and diversity in the workplace. You will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.