Wills and Lifetime Planning Manager, Birkenhead
Are you looking to lead a highly successful team with a strong pipeline of work?
Would you like to take a fresh, service-centred approach to Wills and Lifetime Planning?
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced private client Solicitor/Lawyer to lead an existing team of legal advisors. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, high performing team, making a notable contribution from the outset. Working with minimal supervision, you’ll work to deliver objectives both individually and through your team, in line with departmental targets and our values. Our existing partnerships help ensure that your advisors are trained to industry leading standards and you have both administrative and leadership support whenever you need it.
You’ll work closely with Ruth, our STEP qualified Head of Department who will ensure your personal development is ongoing and who offers regular ‘open forums’, where you’ll have the opportunity to make valued contributions to how you, the team and the wider business work together. As well as running your own, manageable individual caseload you will be responsible for managing a small team of people.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting, training, managing and developing an effective and highly motivated team.
- Ensuring effective succession planning strategies are in place.
- Leading regular departmental meetings to ensure effective communication and the smooth running of the department.
- Assessing and organising workloads to ensure optimum performance across the team.
- Leading by example, particularly with regard to effective time management, billing and fees and business development.
- Ensuring monthly accounts reports, residual balances, archiving of matters and writing off of non-recoverable WIP are dealt with promptly and accurately.
- Building and maintaining a personal profile within the business to ensure ongoing cross department referrals.
- Developing an ongoing pipeline of business, through delivery of excellent customer service and referral generation.
What we’re looking for:
- Private client lawyer/solicitor with ideally 4 years PQE+ (Please note PQE is purely for guidance and all applications will be considered on merit).
- Wills and lifetime planning experience essential.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with an empathetic approach.
- Leadership skills with the ability to manage, coach and motivate a team.
- Target orientated with a strong focus on achieving results.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- IT literate with a comprehensive knowledge of MS Office/ case management systems.
This role can be based at our Birkenhead office.
What we offer:
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus schemes.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services.
- Free flu jab.
- Fantastic friendly and social environment offering a great work/life balance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Long service awards.
- Quarterly company wide social and charity events and Christmas and Summer parties.
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships … amongst others.
Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
Our growth plans are continuing throughout the year so please contact us with brief details of what you are looking for, and we can proactively get back in touch should something suitable arise.