Wills and Probate Lawyer/Solicitor, Merseyside/Cheshire
Are you looking to join a highly successful team with a strong pipeline of work and an existing caseload?
Want to work with a Legal 500 listed, full service firm with clear growth plans, where individual contributions are freely recognised?
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced private client Solicitor/Lawyer into a newly created role. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, successful Wills & Probate team, which is recognised both inside and outside of the business for its commercial, experienced and friendly approach.
You’ll work closely with Ruth, our STEP qualified Head of Department who will ensure your personal development is ongoing and who offers regular ‘open forums’, where you’ll have the opportunity to make valued contributions to how you, the team and the wider business work together. You’ll be responsible for managing your own caseload and will enjoy high levels of client contact and autonomy from the outset. Managing a varied caseload, you will be responsible for accurate billing, ensuring monthly accounts reports are completed, effective management of your WIP and the ongoing generation of referrals. Your clients will need your expert advice on:
- Preparation of Wills.
- Estate planning.
- Probate and estate administration.
- Trust advice.
- Probate and trust disputes.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney and living Wills.
- Inheritance tax/capital gains tax planning/care home fee planning.
What we’re looking for:
- Private client lawyer/solicitor with ideally between 4 -6 years PQE+ (Please note PQE is purely for guidance and all applications will be considered on merit).
- Exceptional customer service skills, with an empathetic approach.
- Technically able with exceptional drafting skills.
- Results focussed.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- IT literate with a comprehensive knowledge of MS Office/ case management systems.
What we offer:
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus schemes.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services.
- Fantastic friendly and social environment offering a great work/life balance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Long service awards.
- Quarterly company wide social and charity events and Christmas and Summer parties.
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships … amongst others.
Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
Our growth plans are continuing throughout the year so please contact us with brief details of what you are looking for, and we can proactively get back in touch should something suitable arise.
Note for candidates
Please apply direct to our in-house recruitment team, as we aren’t currently working with recruitment agencies on this role, thank you.
Note for agents
Please note that do operate a central PSL for all our offices (which isn’t currently due for renewal) and all recruitment related queries should be directed to our Talent Manager, Jenny Smith at [email protected]