Hillyer McKeown is the firm for growing business.
We are changing the way professional services are delivered and are committed to our values of providing unrivalled client service: speed of response, transparency of fees, clear timescales and regular updates.
- Business clients benefit from our legal expertise, our suite of diversified services and commercial approach. We are much more than a law firm; we are your business growth partner.
- For personal services, we understand that clients need someone to depend on. We are always in their corner offering support and friendly, affordable advice.
The way we do business around here – The 7 pillars of our business philosophy
These are our values, and the reasons why people choose to do business with us. They are also why people want to join our team to work with us.
1. Clearly commercial
We are here to make you money, save you money or save you time. We do this by having a can-do attitude – looking for ways to be creative and resourceful.
2. Down to earth
We are approachable and easy to work with. We show this by being straight forward and plain-talking. Please ask us anything, at any time.
We work with complete fee transparency – there are no hidden costs. We offer flexible pricing options including fixed and capped rates on transactional work. We also consider risk-shared instructions, where the outcome is less obvious. We make the law simple, so your choices are easy to understand.
4. We care
We want you to have a good experience of our services and people. We work for you, with you. We do this by understanding your needs. Every decision we take is in your best interests.
5. No excuses
We always do what we say we are going to do. We listen and respond in an efficient way, when needed. We aim to deliver excellence.
6. Only as good as our people
It’s our people that make the difference. We value and nurture those who work for us. We encourage their personal and professional development and reward and recognise their achievements.
7. It’s better to give
We are proud to be part of the communities in which we work. We show this by contributing to local initiatives, groups and getting involved in our local communities.
Complaints: We promise to take seriously any complaint we might receive and deal with it in a helpful and thorough manner. We will take the time to fully appreciate the reasons for the complaint and strive to ensure that you are satisfied with the final outcome. If you wish to make a complaint, please see or download our Complaint Handling Procedure here.
Our Culture – Work-Life Balance
Our values mean we actively support initiatives which reflect our values, are of benefit to our working environment and the communities in which we work. Examples include:
- supporting the Mental Health Foundation to promote Mental Health Awareness Week
- being the first workplace in the world to commit to Sustainable Palm Oil
- national campaigns championing diversity such as International Women’s Day
- supporting local charities such as Clatterbridge and Countess of Chester.