Meet Anne Scheland, Hillyer McKeown Corporate & Commercial Partner.
I head up the corporate department and specialise in company/commercial law. I am committed to providing unrivalled client service to top-level corporate and commercial advice to the SME and OMB market by providing creative and resourceful solutions. My experience includes working within the corporate finance team of a national law firm, in-house for a FTSE 250 company and a local authority. It’s fair to say that I’ve seen and done it all and nothing phases me. Indeed, working in-house has given me first-hand experience of what our client’s priorities are and it helps me to offer practical, effective solutions. I have also been recommended in the Legal 500 for being ‘commercial’ in my approach.
I thrive on handling varied and complex cases – including advising businesses on commercial arrangements and corporate transactions. My experience includes:
- General corporate/corporate finance – mergers and acquisitions.
- Company re-organisations and buy-backs.
- Shareholder/Partnership agreements.
- Partnership deeds (including LLPs and agricultural partnerships).
- Wide ranging commercial/commercial contracts expertise.
- Experienced Company Secretary – Associate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA).
- Director’s duties, corporate governance and CSR.
- Banking and restructuring – securities advice, acquisition finance and insolvency.
- Schools – Academy conversions.
Recent work includes:
- Sale of a specialised veterinary practice.
- Buy-out of a family business.
- Sale of a business on behalf of an Adminstrator.
- Acquisition of a garden centre.
- Negotiating an outsourcing agreement on behalf of a company owned by a local authority.
- Negotiating a supply agreement on behalf of a pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Advising a company on a company voluntary arrangement.
Please get in touch for a no-obligation discussion about how I can help.
What clients say
“It was good to have someone friendly and professional to guide us who was on our side, and did an efficient job. Thank you for always being at the end of the phone.” Ruth McElroy, Eye-Vet Limited