Meet Jennifer Carr, Hillyer McKeown Solicitor
I am genuinely passionate about family law and specialise in handling divorce and family relationships. This includes covering protection, family disputes and finances, bringing the best possible outcome for my clients.
During almost 10 years’ experience, my motivation still remains the same: seeing people begin what can be a tough transition in their lives emerge more confident, relaxed and in control after having a weight lifted from their shoulders.
Given the sensitive and emotional nature of my work, I take pride in getting to know my clients. It is satisfying when they thank me for my sound, compassionate and sensible advice received while sorting out their matter swiftly and amicably.
Email me to ask for an initial free discussion about your unique situation to see how I can help.
Jennifer Carr, an experienced divorce solicitor in Liverpool
My approach is pragmatic and sympathetic, and includes:
- Separation (for married and unmarried couples, including co-habitation agreements).
- Divorce proceedings / issuing a divorce.
- Judicial separation.
- Finances following a relationship breakdown (including matrimonial property).
- Financial remedy proceedings (following a divorce).
- Consent orders.
- Same sex relationships and civil partnerships.
- Child contact disputes / Children Act proceedings.
- Pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements.
- Trust of land disputes / cohabitation disputes.
- Court proceedings.
- Confidentiality agreements.
- Protection from a violent partner.
I like to get involved from an early stage. For example, during a divorce, at the outset I advise clients about:
- The process so they know what to expect.
- The complex legal terminology – including what Decree Absolute really means.
- Financial agreements following a divorce (Consent Order) so they are not open to future claims from their ex-partner.
While I’m a family solicitor in the Liverpool area, and also arrange meetings in Chester and cover Cheshire. I have represented:
- Business owners.
- Other legal professionals.
- High profile media clients.
Outside of work
Outside interests include walking in the Lake District, Wales and the Peak District. I also enjoy running, swimming and spending time with friends and family.
What previous clients say
“I am so glad that Jennifer dealt very wisely with my case. She has been firm and has given me support with her professional manner. She was also keeping an eye on my cost limits.” Divorce client