Meet Jennifer Carr, Hillyer McKeown Family Law & Divorce Solicitor
I am genuinely passionate about family law and given the sensitive and emotional nature of the cases I deal with, I take pride in taking time to understand the unique situation my clients are in. It is satisfying when clients thank me for the sound, compassionate and sensible advice which they have received in order to resolve their matter swiftly and amicably, without confrontation, which has brought them the best possible outcome.
Email me to ask for an initial free discussion about your unique situation to see how I can help.
Experienced divorce solicitor, based in Liverpool
I like to get involved from an early stage in the process, for example as a specialist in divorce proceedings I can advise a client about:
- Financial agreements following a divorce, known as a Consent Order.
Did you know that once the Decree Absolute is received (the document that formally dissolves a marriage) the matter does not necessarily conclude. Without a Financial Consent Order, the door is always open for either spouse to make a future financial claim, even if you are divorced!
2. The complex legal terminology used during the divorce process. For example, not understanding the importance of ‘prayer of divorce’ can have drawbacks.
3. The position regarding costs.
4. Why you may wish to hold back from applying for the Decree Absolute until an agreement has been reached regarding matrimonial finances.
Family law expert
It does not matter where you are based, I can arrange to meet you regardless of your location. I have previously represented:
- Men and women across England and Wales.
- Business owners.
- Other legal professionals.
- High profile clients in the media.
For almost 10 years I have been providing family law clients with pragmatic, sympathetic, legally sound advice. While I am a divorce specialist, my experience includes:
- Separation (for both married and unmarried / cohabiting couples).
- Breakdown of a civil partnership.
- Pre-nuptial agreements (pre-nups) and post-nuptial agreements (post-nups).
- Judicial separation.
- Finances following a relationship breakdown (including matrimonial property).
- Financial remedy proceedings (following on from a divorce).
- Consent orders.
- Trust of Land disputes / cohabitation disputes.
- Court proceedings.
- Confidentiality agreements.
- Child contact disputes / Children Act proceedings.
Outside of work
Outside interests include walking in the Lake District, Wales and the Peak District. I also enjoy running, swimming and spending time with friends. and family.
What previous clients say
“Thank you for your kind nature and straight talking.” Divorce client
“I am so glad that Jennifer dealt very wisely with my case. She has been firm and has given me support with her professional manner. She was also keeping an eye on my cost limits.” Divorce client