Meet Rachael Piggott, Hillyer McKeown Chartered Legal Executive (FCILEx)
I work with a range of businesses on a variety of commercial contract, regulatory and intellectual property (IP) matters. Clients include small to medium sized and owner managed companies to international PLCs. I have developed expertise and experience across various sectors, mainly oil and gas, manufacturing, engineering, IT and technology, and travel.
I am a commercial lawyer and joined the well established corporate and commercial law teams at Hillyer McKeown in December 2018. Before joining, I trained and worked in-house for over four years for a well-known manufacturer in the oil and gas industry, and subsequently for an Emirati service provider. My experience in-house has made me understand first-hand the importance of striking the balance between managing the legal risk and getting the deal done.
My commercial law, regulatory and IP expertise
My expertise covers all forms of commercial arrangements and contracts, regulatory and IP matters, including:
- Terms and conditions of sale and purchase (consumer and B2B).
- Supply of goods and services agreements.
- Distribution, agency and franchising agreements.
- Outsourcing arrangements.
- Confidentiality agreements (NDAs – Non-disclosure Agreements).
- Software licensing, development and maintenance.
- Website terms and conditions and privacy notices.
- Novation and assignment of contracts.
- Registering trade marks.
- Licensing and assignment of intellectual property rights.
- Data protection (GDPR).
- Modern slavery and Anti-bribery and corruption.
- Advertising laws.
Outside of work
I enjoy spending time with friends and family, eating good food and drinking nice wine. I like to travel, especially to Italy, and I also enjoy a trip back home to South Yorkshire.