Meet Rebecca Cunniffe, Hillyer McKeown Corporate and Commercial Solicitor.
I am a solicitor within the busy corporate and commercial team at Hillyer McKeown where I help clients by ensuring their processes and systems are up to date and that they have, amongst other things, robust policies and agreements in place to protect their business.
Prior to joining the firm I trained and then worked in-house at a leading independent drinks manufacturer and distributor, advising the company and its group on a broad range of commercial and corporate matters.
I have almost three years’ experience providing advice and support to local, national and international clients on a variety of matters, including:
- Corporate transactions (including share subscriptions, joint ventures, shareholder agreements).
- Distribution agreements for the supply of household-name brands to national and international customers.
- EMI schemes.
- Commercial agency agreements.
- Software licence agreements for the provision of IT support services.
- Data protection and GDPR advice, particularly in the context of marketing.
- Drafting and negotiating sponsorship agreements with leading sports and media bodies, including national rugby associations.
- Advising on breaches of commercial agreements and planning exit routes where contracts have broken down.
I enjoy working with clients to tackle challenges and achieve their desired outcomes. As an in-house lawyer I have been able to develop a strong commercial sense of which enables me to give legal advice with a practical and commercial slant.
When I have a spare moment I can be found walking my beloved dog, running, and following Liverpool FC.
What clients say
“Ian and Rebecca – A big THANK YOU for your super efficient, helpful and steady management of my sale and purchase. It was a daunting undertaking for me to do alone, and I really appreciated your calming efficiency!” Jenny Lord