Meet Robin Gill, Hillyer McKeown Corporate & Commercial Partner
Recently someone asked me: so what is it you do?
My answer: I buy and sell businesses.
What I would add is that I also take pride in taking time to build genuine relationships. Clients hold me in high regard and it is satisfying when they thank me for my sound, commercial judgment which has brought them the result they wanted.
I have over 15 years’ experience of advising businesses from start-up to disposal. During this time I have built a strong reputation as a trusted and valued adviser to small to medium-sized and owner-managed businesses. This is matched with my track record of delivering the best possible outcome for my clients.
Corporate and commercial law expertise
My work encompasses a variety of legal needs during the life cycle of a business, including:
- Business start-ups.
- Private company sales.
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
- Management buy-ins (MBIs) and management buyouts (MBOs).
- Private equity, including venture capital and management teams.
- Corporate finance.
- Joint ventures.
- Limited Liability Partnerships and partnership structures.
- Shareholders’ Agreements, share structures and corporate governance.
- Advising in relation to directors’ duties and obligations.
Recent transactions include:
- Disposal of an owner-managed insurance brokerage business to a major national broker.
- Substantial share disposal arising from a shareholder dispute.
- Acquisition of IT service provider to complement a major communications sector client.
- Reorganisation of a substantial, long-established family-owned group in the metals and mineral testing sector to implement a significantly more tax effective structure.
- Disposal of a specialist courier/haulier to a national competitor.
- Acting for clients and major lenders in the review and implementation of funding requirements in corporate transactions and refinances.
- Acquisition of numerous independent financial advisory businesses for a highly acquisitive client.