Commercial Litigation Solicitor, Liverpool
Would you like to join a growing business in a newly created and varied commercial litigation role?
Do you want to manage your own case load, build your own relationships and further develop your skills?
We advise and act on behalf of large commercial companies, small and medium sized businesses (SMEs), owner managed businesses (OMBs), high net worth individuals and insolvency practitioners. We provide personalised, dynamic and commercial advice, ensuring that we secure the best deal for our clients, which often involves Alternative Dispute Resolution, including mediation.
Responsible for your own case load you’ll also assist Fiona, the Head of the Commercial Litigation Department on more complex matters and will have the opportunity to mentor more junior members of the team. You will enjoy high levels of client contact from the outset and will be exposed to a variety of commercial litigation work, including:
- complex commercial contract claims
- company/shareholder disputes
- restrictive covenant actions
- IT disputes
- construction disputes
- professional negligence claims
- property litigation
- intellectual property
- corporate and personal insolvency
- contentious probate.
You’ll work directly with our Head of Department, Fiona Blakeborough, who is keen to share her wealth of experience; mentoring and developing talent. You will be fully supported in order to gain exposure to or further advance your skills on more complex, high value disputes.
What we’re looking for
- Ideally between 2-4 years PQE.
- A technically strong candidate who has experience of and enjoys working on a wide range of commercial disputes.
- Experience of managing insolvency cases ideal but not essential.
- High levels of attention to detail in correspondence and drafting.
- Strong communicator who is able to confidently liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- IT literate/case management experience.
Please note that travel will be required occasionally between our offices as well as to attend court or visit clients, so own transport is essential.
Levels of PQE detailed are for guidance only and all applications will be reviewed on merit.
What we offer
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus scheme.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services.
- Discounted gym membership
- Long service awards.
- Tax free childcare scheme.
- Regular company wide social and charity events.
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships.
- Free tea, coffee and a subsidised ‘frothy coffee machine’.
….and many more!
Please note: Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.