Corporate Paralegal, Chester
Do you want to work in an innovative business which is experiencing a significant period of growth due to its unique service offerings?
Do you enjoy working in successful and supportive team environment?
This is a newly created opportunity for a Corporate Paralegal to join our growing team. The main focus of the role will be to support the lawyers in the corporate department. We advise a wide range of North-West based and national clients, including those from manufacturing and advanced engineering companies as well as banks, charities and owner-managed businesses. We provide personalised, dynamic and commercial advice, ensuring that we secure the best deal for our clients whilst delivering unrivalled client service at all times.
You will be exposed to the full breadth of corporate work, including:
- Business acquisitions and disposals.
- Share acquisitions and disposals.
- Company investments including venture capital.
- Re-organisations and restructures.
- Share option schemes.
You’ll work closely with our Head of Department, Anne Scheland who is keen to mentor and develop new talent. You will be fully supported in order to gain exposure to or further advance your skills on more complex matters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting due diligence and effectively managing relevant documentation and general deal management.
- Collating information to assist with drafting/amending standard form precedents, practice notes and training materials.
- Carrying out research into technical legal issues.
What we’re looking for:
- Law degree and previous exposure to corporate work essential.
- A technically proficient candidate with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communicator who is able to confidently liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Self starter who can work on their own initiative.
- Proven team player who is keen to work collaboratively to meet company goals.
- IT literate/case management experience.
Please note that travel will be required occasionally between our offices.
What we offer
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus scheme.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Long service awards.
- Tax free childcare scheme.
- Regular company wide social and charity events.
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships.
- A subsidised ‘frothy coffee machine’.
… and much more!
Please note: Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.