HR Advisor, Chester
Are you a self starter looking for an operational HR role where you can add real value and affect change?
Do you have a genuine passion for working with people?
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a positive impact on a growing organisation. Working in a unique position where you’ll liaise across the entire business with employees at every level, your HR Advisor role will be varied and you’ll have the opportunity to work independently from the outset.
You’ll work closely with the wider HR, employment and recruitment teams and will have the opportunity to be involved in key, people related initiatives and projects running across the business. Providing a confidential, consistent and timely service to your internal stakeholders, you’ll work to deliver objectives in line with our values.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing proactive HR advice and guidance to employees on company policies and a full range of ER issues, such as discipline, grievance, performance management and absence management.
- Liaising with employees throughout the full HR life cycle with a particular focus on on-boarding and induction, supporting the probation and PDP (personal development) process in collaboration with managers, employee development and conducting return to work and exit interviews.
- All HR administration including the following:
- Offer letters, drafting contracts of employment, completing new starter processes.
- Wage amendments
- Managing annual leave requests and responding to queries.
- Collating and recording all absence management data, producing relevant reports.
- Updating and maintaining company policies and the staff handbook.
- Training administration.
- Managing staff incentives e.g. long service awards.
- Ensuring full compliance with all relevant employment legislation and maintain best practice HR/legal processes e.g. managing GDPR, DBS checks, Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) checks.
- Recording and collating HR data to produce MI reports on key HR metrics to the Senior Management Team.
This is a multi-site role, so although based in Chester, travel to our Birkenhead and Liverpool offices will be necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong practical knowledge of HR with demonstrable experience of advising managers and employees on day to day HR and employment issues.
- Sound technical skills with an excellent knowledge of current employment legislation and HR best practice – CIPD Level 3 Qualification or equivalent experience preferred.
- Highly effective communicator who is confident liaising with senior stakeholders across the business.
- A discreet approach with the ability to handle sensitive business and personal information confidentially at all times.
- Able to assimilate large amounts of HR data and present structured MI reports and summaries.
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- A focus on effective prioritisation and time management.
- IT literate with a comprehensive knowledge of MS Office.
What we offer:
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus schemes.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Long service awards.
- Regular company wide social and charity events.
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships.
- Free tea, coffee and a subsidised ‘frothy coffee machine’.
Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.
Closing date: Friday 17th August
Please note: This vacancy may close ahead of the above date should we receive a large number of relevant CVs, so please consider making an early submission.