Legal Assistant, Conveyancing, Birkenhead
Are you looking to further your career in Residential Conveyancing?
Do you want to work with an experienced team and develop your skills further?
You will help guide our clients through the start to end conveyancing process and will work on a variety of residential conveyancing cases covering freehold and leasehold properties, sales, purchases, right to buy, transfers of equity and re-mortgages. Although part of a larger conveyancing department you will work within a small team, supporting a Senior Legal Assistant and one of our highly experienced and well regarded lawyers.
- Providing legal assistance and administration support to your team and the wider department.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries with third parties/clients.
- Preparing new files and dealing with initial documentation.
- Drafting contracts on the sale of property.
- Requesting redemption statements.
- Requesting contract pack on purchase of property.
- Submitting property searches on purchase of property.
- Reporting to clients on search results and keeping them updated throughout the process.
- Reporting on mortgage offers.
- Recording all updates on the case management system.
What we’re looking for
- Residential conveyancing experience essential.
- Able to work within a fast paced, team environment, effectively managing priorities to meet client deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Desire to learn.
- IT literate with experience in using a case management system.
Our administration support teams are structured in a way that best supports you, allowing you to focus on progressing your cases. We pride ourselves on the quality and level of the work we undertake and the files that you will work on reflect this.
What we offer
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus scheme.
- Ongoing training.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Long service awards.
- Tax free childcare scheme.
- Regular company wide social and charity events.
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships.
- Free tea, coffee and a subsidised ‘frothy coffee machine’.
….and many more!
Please note: Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.