Senior Legal Assistant, Residential Conveyancing, in Birkenhead
Do you want to work in an innovative and forward thinking business where the customer journey and proactive communication is key?
Do you enjoy working in supportive and friendly team environment?
Due to continued growth we are now looking to further expand our conveyancing team. The main focus of the Senior Legal Assistant role will be to guide our clients through the start to end conveyancing process and maintain excellent relationships with key partners. Whilst you’ll be part of a large department, which spans two of our offices, you will work within a small team, supporting one of our experienced lawyers.
Our IT systems and administration and support teams are structured in a way that best supports you, allowing you to work closely with your team to expedite cases and offer unrivalled client service. We pride ourselves on the quality and level of the work we undertake and the complexity of the files you’ll work on reflects this.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal assistance and liaising with third parties/clients in order to progress residential conveyancing matters.
- Drafting contracts on the sale of property.
- Checking search results and mortgage offers and liaising with clients.
- Providing quotes when appropriate.
- Preparing information required to provide replies to enquiries on a sale.
- Sending fixtures, fittings and contents/property information forms to clients and reviewing replies.
- Preparing bills and completion statements.
- Recording all updates on the case management system.
What we’re looking for:
- Residential conveyancing expertise gained from within a sale and purchase department (minimum of 12 months).
- Experience of working on freehold, leasehold, new build and shared ownership properties.
- Ability to work on own initiative within a fast paced, team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Results focussed.
- IT literate/case management experience.
What we offer:
A supportive yet autonomous working environment where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and develop, along with many benefits including:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus schemes.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Discounted legal services.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Long service awards.
- Tax free childcare scheme.
- Regular company wide social and charity events.
- Opportunities to attend various events and get discounts at local attractions through our sponsorships.
- Free tea, coffee and a subsidised ‘frothy coffee machine’
Some of these benefits are offered following a successful probationary period.